[at-l] Yankees and childishness

CamoJack is of the opinion that "Seems like pretty
childish behavior for someone purported to be so very
educated, doesn't it?" This follows his frustration
that I used a regional term while admiring youthful
exuberance of daring the elements: "That said, it is
the sort of psychopathology I think I would enjoy
sharing."

Thank you for finding me childish. I hope to remain
capable of such childishness and immaturity. There is
nothing mature in the escape from service and career
by walking in the eastern woods. It is only essential
to help maintain a sense of balance. Just as many
employ mock rivalries among colleges, truck brands,
motorcycle trademarks and the like, childishness
provides the leavening that keeps life from becoming a
heavey lump in the throat.

Education has nothing to do with my use of the terms
"Yankee" or "Rebel." It is an emotional sense of
wonder how such terms fail to catch the essence of
those possessing these labels. It is my reaction to
the prejudices that can accompany these labels.

Use of such global terms is fairly universal, as
evidenced by the equally dismissive comment of
Califonia possessing "fruits and nuts."

On this MLK Day, I hope to maintain a balance of adult
education and childish playfulness. This would be a
good goal for anyone sharing a Dream.

Bill...