[at-l] Mount Washington Loonies

Insanity is actually a term of legal rather than
medical signficance. Since we are into the waning moon
cycle, they are not loonies by definition.

However, anyone willing to go outside into -100 with
wind chill without much gear on arms heads and faces -
and be photographed in said act - can only be
described as freaking crazy, and most likely Yankee.

I doubt that they would meet a definition for imminent
danger to themselves or others, as they did recognize
the error of their ways and returned to a room over
100 degrees warmer. After further review of DSM-IV, I
suspect either a severe adjustment reaction with
disturbance of conduct, or a brief reactive psychosis.
One might consider exhibitionism, although shrinkage
would make that a small probability.

That said, it is the sort of psychopathology I think I
would enjoy sharing.

Bill...