[at-l] jobs, and life, and such

Nina Baxley Rogers wrote:

>--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure where the idea that "Time to think
>>abounds on a long walk" but
>>it seems to be fairly common.  Unfortunately, it's
>>not something I've ever
>>found to be true.
>>

>Amen. Me neither. I generally spend too much of my
>non-hiking time in my head. On the trail, my deepest
>thoughts related to, "What am I going to eat when I
>get to town?" and "Do I shower first or eat first when
>I get there?"

But, what is there to think about? What deep thoughts do you need, or
want, that aren't there? Why can't you think about things while you're
hiking? It's just walking. And, isn't what you're going to eat when you
get to town the most important thing to you AT THAT TIME? So, why not
think about it? this reminds me of something I wrote for a local
newspaper at the end of my hike...it went something like this: "I hadn't
found the answers to life's questions. I didn't know what the questions
were."

--
Felix Enero
ME-->GA '98