[at-l] jobs, and life, and such

In a message dated 1/15/04 14:17:03 Eastern Standard Time,
mizwaterfall@yahoo.com writes:

> Amen. Me neither. I generally spend too much of my
> non-hiking time in my head. On the trail, my deepest
> thoughts related to, "What am I going to eat when I
> get to town?" and "Do I shower first or eat first when
> I get there?"
>
> It was kind of nice, giving my brain a 6-month break!
>
> Waterfall the Deep Thinker
> ME-GA 2000

Some decisions can be made ahead of time.  The brain never sleeps.  Give it a
problem as you drift off at night and you will likely have the solution in
the morning or some time in the middle of the night.  I wouldn't waste my time
trying to decide what I am going to eat when I get to town -- I'll look at the
menu when I get there.  If I take time to decide while hiking I may be
disappointed to learn that it is not available.  And, I would hope to shower
everytime before I go out to eat in a town.  It would feel so good to sit down and not
smell bad.  Besides, I may get better service from the wait staff.

Skylander