[at-l] RE: Jobs, and life and such

Orangebug wrote, "The trail is a great place to grow up, at any age."

For some, it is a wonderful place in which to find your inner child once
more.

Peace.  Simplicity.  Playing.  Smiling.  Laughter.  Wonder.  Awe.
Breathing.

Sometimes, we get so caught up in everything else that we forget how to just
"be".  That's why I came back to hiking.  Yeah, I never did it in a
"professional" sense of the word when I was younger.  (I never dreamed it
was quite this technical.  ;-) )  However, I never forgot the tranquility I
felt while being out in the woods nor did I forget how much it renewed my
soul.

The excitement of being active.  The simplicity of living outdoors and
leaving the trappings of high-browed life behind.  Re-learning how to play
which often results in spontaneous, unrestrained laughter.  Then there are
the little, private smiles evoked by the wonder and awesomeness of the
beauty of the wilds around me.

Finally, the sound of my own breathing makes me all the more aware of being
young in spirit once more.  Long, slow, deep, cleansing breaths of fresh air
that are laced with a hint of pine and earth.  Unhurried, peaceful, renewing
breaths.

Shelly Hale

---