[at-l] jobs, and life, and such

In a message dated 1/15/04 13:53:59 Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm not sure where the idea that "Time to think abounds on a long walk" but
> it seems to be fairly common.  Unfortunately, it's not something I've ever
> found to be true.  If you manage it, come back and tell us how you did it.
> Deep thoughts slow your steps and are an indicator that you're not making
> many miles.  And they tend to make you trip a lot.  <G>
>
> Walk softly - but stay in the present moment or you'll miss your hike,
> Jim

Do you mean to say that there is no thinking going on as people walk the
trail?  If alert consciousness is necessary every step of the way then, perhaps,
as one gets ready to drift off for a night of rest, there might be a few
moments to reflect on one's life.  Or during the mid-day break in the heat of the
day, or after clean-up while watching the sun set.  At the present time I wake
in the middle of the night with thoughts of my life-plan -- clear and
uninterrupted -- while I lay back down to snooze a few more hours.

Well, I hope that I have opportunity for reflection on my 2004 walk to
Katahdin.

Skylander