[at-l] I have have a question about the long trail.

Making me work now huh?  What do you want a detailed description of the
entire trail?

Try this, from the first paragraph, plus a little, of the Camels Hump area
section Nine.

"Proceed north from the Beades Trail junction (0.0) 100 feet east to Birch
Glen Camp, and contour around th north side of Beane Mnt., crossing two woods
roads before reaching Huntington Gap (1.5).  Both a snowmobile road and the
Catamount Trail follow an abandoned road across the gap.
       Climb northwest to the west side of the ridge and then cross over
(2.0) to the east slope of mature woods to Cowles Cove Shelter (2.9)"

Just what are you looking for in a guidebook?  What did you use on the AT
recently, something kmore detailed although it's easy enough to follow a well
marked trail?

Some people.....

Sly