[at-l] RE: Jobs, and life and such

Thru-thinker offers some good recommendations for
"Your Money or Your Life."

Another excellent "self-help"  book is "What Color is
your Parachute". This is best completed about every
4-5 years before there are problems with employment or
career. Even once there are such problems, it can help
one review goals, strengths, aptitudes and
opportunities. It can be a suitable first step before
investing in extensive vocational/aptitude testing -
possibly avoiding such an expense. (If on a budget,
check out the local college with a clinical psych
program seeking subjects for testing.)

As a section hiker, I note that often thru-hikers
discover that in finding a new person at the end of
the trail, they have lost much of who they were at the
start of the trail. That is neither good nor bad, just
a rapid life changing experience. One would be
surprised at where you can find thru hikers in
business, rarely touting their expertise at self
motivation and perseverance.

Bill...
<He also makes another good point. Weather treachery
in the Smokies can be just the luck of the draw. I'll
bet his walk was after 3/6/01. Even the week preceding
was fabulous early Spring with sun and warmth. I've
just learned that I won't go into the Smokies prior to
3/17 without better gear than on that trip.>