[at-l] Snickers energy bar... Good for later!

In a message dated 1/13/04 11:51:56 Eastern Standard Time,
rbenhameda@comcast.net writes:

> Skylander's body stores carbohydrate calories as fat because it doesn't
> metabolize them well (shall we talk about sugar here?) and so, for her
> a diet consisting of calories from mostly proteins and fats causes ,her
> body to access on-board fat stores thus loosing weight.  It's all good,
> that's what she wants.

HER?  Hey, I got a beard to prove that I am not a her (I got other things
too, but the beard shows in any kind of weather).

But getting back to topic: Carbs measurement is indicative of the starch
(which turns to sugar) that triggers the insulin which acts to store the excess
glucose as fat in the body.  The lack of starch and sugar in a fat laden protein
diet results in a lack of insulin released into the system and causes the fat
burning mechanism in the Liver to burn not only the fat ingested but the fat
that is stored, for fuel.  That is why an excess of calories ingested at the
beginning of this way of eating (Atkins Induction Period) results in weight
loss (beyond the mere calorie count) as fat is consumed.

Ah, it is a wonderful science, this Nutrition.  Now if you want some scary
reading try Louise Gittleman, Nutritionist to the Stars, who used to be on the
Pritikin Team but then saw the light.

Skylander Jack