[at-l] 12th January -day hike

thanks all for the wishes of happy birthday.

i had a nice day hike we so no other person at all until we got back to the
car.
a person drinking jack daniels while driving almost drove into the woods at
the parking lot on 40. parked took a swig and drove back teh way they came.
very interesting and weird kinda scary.

me and my mother hiked from about 10am to sometime. we only did about 6
miles. she is not the strongest of hikers. and she recently aquired diabetes
or something (we are nto 100% sure what it is) and she is very worried about
it so she did not want to over do it. she has seen a doctor but it is not
acting quite like it should according to all the reading she is doing and
wants the doctor to run more testing.

an interesting turn of events for me. the weather turned nice when i went
for a hike instead of raining and dropping 20 degrees. the weather today
inproved and it was as nice as any fall day would be. and the trail from
free of leaves and ice. the ground was cold enough to be frozen so there was
no mud.

we hiked from 40 over the I-70 bridge and to the washington monument and
back. i think what forms a small 6 mile loop. i was hoping to do at least 10
but i dont think my mother had that in her. after much protesting i got her
to climb the tower there for the first time and she thought the view was
very nice. she has been thre before and refused to climb the tower.

there was no "interesting" animals to speak of.. about 15 deer and 5
squirels to be "scene". the sky was overcast but clear at the horizion it
was a neat effect.

what was interesting was looking at the damage from isabel (the huricane) in
teh winter you can see far into the woods and see all the trees that were
lost. it was amazing some area looked like half the forest was lying down!

i had a happy birthday it was very fun and relaxing.

if anyone wants to get me a birthday present and knows of a computer job
with in commuting distance to my home! hint hint...

thanks again and happy trails

Wisperlight