[at-l] Barkeater

>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:53:50 -0500
>From: "Coosa" >
>
>Do know that BarkEater, attempting the Triple Crown on an end to end hike this year, is hiking 22 miles a day.  He >started on New Year's Day at Springer with 31 pounds including his snow shoes and 3 days of food.
>
>If anyone sees him on the Trail, please post his position.

Barkeater was in Fontana Village January 9. He sounded miserable when I talked to him, with his cold and sinus infection. He took an extra rest day there. I haven't heard from him since, so I assume he hit the trail on Sunday. I think he's planning on Hot Springs Thursday, and I'll be in Erwin to meet him this weekend. I'm afraid he'll overdo it and get sicker trying to make the PO in Erwin before the holiday weekend. Otherwise, he'll end up waiting around for Tuesday to get his supply box and get behind schedule. (If only I'd known I'd be meeting him, I could've just brought his supplies!)

If anyone is in the area Smokies > Erwin this week, please keep an eye out for him. I'm fretting like a mother hen here.

Shepherd of the Hills