[at-l] What now??!!

Tim Woodworth wrote:
>Hey AT-Lers, I'm in a quandary and need some advice.

Tim -
Advice is worth what you pay for it - and this is free.  <G>

>I'm about to quit my job and move to Maine to where my wife's family lives
>(Rockport).  MidCoast is kinda tuff to find a job in and Wally World won't
>get me. NO NO NO.

Hmmm - let's hope not.

>So, what's an unemployed hiker to do in February?? Geeze, I've never been
>unemployed, ever.  This is really weird.

Relax and enjoy it.

>I always thought if I did attempt the AT it would be SOBO in the merry
>month of June from Maine.  Long distance winter hiking is a little
>intimidating, especially since it's 14 below outside my window as I write
>this.

Well, Amber is talkin' about a Jan start next year............. so
............what's wrong with this year?

Or how about the Florida Trail?

Or if you don't start till Feb, there's the Arizona Trail.

>I got off the trail at Newfound Gap in November but now that road is closed
>for the winter, right?  Hiking the Smoky's in deep winter will make you
>forget about being unemployed, I'm sure.

Yup - that 6000 ft elevation DOES make a difference, doesn't it?  Ask
Sloetoe.

>It's going to be a rough row to hoe over the next six weeks.  But my wife
>said, "Why don't you hike the trail?"

Yeah, but she didn't specify which trail, did she.  So many trails, so
little time.  <VBG>

>Geese,
>
>Now what???
>
>Tim
>
>PS.  Anyone want to buy a flock of Border Leisters?  (They're sheep with
>really long wool)

Nope - the town fathers would object.  Suburban MD isn't livestock-friendly.

Walk softly,
Jim

High-speed users?be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet