[at-l] January start.

Woke to a cool temperatures on the Suncoast today. Put the heat on for an
hour to take the chill off. Hard to believe I'll be beaching it this
afternoon.
Anyway, January 14, 2005 is my planned departure date to head north from
Springer and I'm wondering if there is any statistic of the number of folks
who venture out on a thru-hike this early? I see references to mid to late
March starts but not many (if any) for January.
Five years ago in early June, I met a thru-hiker who had started on January
1st. He had just arrived at Shaws and was going through his mail drop. I
asked him if he was the first for the year and he said some trail runner had
passed him a week or so before so he was the second person to Monson.
Go Pats and Colts. Amber.