[at-l] Little Lyford Pond camps (just an AMC rant)

>"... I'd think they'd have to show a cost benefit ratio to do that and I
>suspect that campgrounds would do it."

12,000 a year times 40 miles is $480,000. Assuming $10 from each campsite goes
towards road maintenance, that's 48,000 campsites -- probably more than the
entire state supports at the moment. Remember these new campsites have to
compete with $6 a night North Maine Woods sites that TJ keeps reminding me
about.

Remember, this is all private land. Only the first 10 miles from Route 11 to KIW
is public. AMC is not going to spend $68 million for road paving and I suspect
Maine taxpayers won't either.

 Weary