[at-l] Update re AT License Tag Project

Happy New Year to everyone - here's to many peaceful and prosperous
trails for us all!  I wanted to update you all re our AT license tag
project . . . we have received several good, new tag designs, which are
posted on Ryan's backcountry.net site.  You can check out the new ones
at this link - I especially like the second one, which is a color
variation done by a student at the NCSU School of Design.  I am trying
to post one additional design, after which the final selection will be
made.  I would love to get input from you guys on the new designs -
right now, the most postiive comments have been for Nate's design, which
is the first one shown, but I want to get comments on the new design and
color variations shown.  Also, check back to this link in about a week,
and if I have posted a new design, feel free to offer comments again!
Here is the link:

http://gallery.backcountry.net/NC-AT-License-Plate-Designs

You can post comments at Ryan's website, or feel free to e-mail me at my
office e-mail address, which is:  icw@wardanddavis.com

We also continue to receive a steady stream of applications, which is
gratifying given that we have not even finalized the tag design.  Once
the final tag design is chosen, the ATC will do a mass mailing to all of
its NC members, and we will push for several news stories in major (and
smaller!) NC newspapers.  If any of you have ideas for how to best get
the word out, please let me know! :)

Take care, and keep on hiking!

Clark Wright
[Thru-Thinker]