[at-l] Re: Fitting in

Pull up a chair, boys and girls.
I heard a good story last night from a friend in Alaska. You'll see
the similarities to long distance hikers soon.

Seems that a number of the Alaskan locals "summer" in the Denali area
and winter in Antarctica. It's such a phenomenon that the local news
interviewed a number of these migratory Alaskans.
A friend, who drives a bus in both places, was asked on camera "why?".
Why keep making this ultimate, ultra-global trek into two extremely
remote places?

"Well," mused the bus-driving Alaskan, "the first time, you do it for
the adventure. The second time, you do it for the money."

He paused, then added: "After that, you just keep going back because
you don't fit in anywhere else."

I thought you'd like that one as much as I did.

AlaskaOnMyLifeList Shoe
--
    	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/