[at-l] On a more serious note, re: body comp

Well, Lilla, I can tell you what I experienced.

I started at 160# and had lost maybe 5# by Erwin, TN.  By the end of the
hike, I'd lost 15#.  In less than 3 months, it was all back, plus 2#.  Of
course, that could have *something* to do with me not being able to be as
active as I want to be.  Since Thanksgiving, I've dieted and undieted,
losing 6# and gaining it back.  Once I get active again, I think I'll drop
about 5# and keep them off.

I hiked with a guy nearly the whole way, and the majority of the time, my
food bag was heavier than his, coming out of town.  And it was empty going
back into town.  After family would send goodies in a maildrop, or after
resupply shopping while hungry, my food bag was VERY heavy, but I carried it
anyway, and ate it all.  The only time his food bag was heavier than mine
was toward the end, when he'd lost 40 or 45# and was worried about keeping
weight on.  And even then, I was always a very close second.

I never worried about my weight (and still don't).  And I didn't worry too
much about how much my food bag weighed either.  I actually thought I'd lose
more weight on the hike, or at least tone up a little better than I did.
Don't get me wrong, I toned up a bunch, just not as much as I expected.

Hope that helps (now that I've mentioned some numbers women just aren't
supposed to mention)!
:-)
Wench
www.trailjournals.com/wench