[at-l] White day in the Whites

In a message dated 1/6/04 15:04:13 Eastern Standard Time,
lthompson@hollins.edu writes:

> those Scandinavians know how to live it up, don't they just?  ;)
>
> The food isn't all that great...
>
> Shane
>
> Well, but there *is* that Scandinavian sense of humor... ;)
>
> Lilla
>
> PS I *like* Scandinavians.

Being a first generation Swede in NYC I must say that I agree that
Scandinavians do love to have fun.  And the food, my gracious goodness, the food is
delicious!!!  What ever could be better than Herring!  Anchovies (Swedish style),
Vasterbotan Cheese, Swedish meatballs with Lingen, Stuffed Cabbage, Braised
Short Ribs, Lamb or Veal Shank, and the list goes on.  Even the Lutefisk (so
maligned by so many) has a flavor that good Swedes look forward to each year (the
secret is in the dill sauce) is great.  Here in NYC Aquavit and Ulrika's
Restaurants offer good Swedish Cuisine for those with a few dollars to spare.  A
real treat!

Now, as far as nudity ... well, sometimes a bit of clothing can add a little
mystery and everyone loves a mystery.  Try whispering sometime and people will
fall over themselves trying to hear what you are saying.  Come closer!!!

BTW did you know that Bjorn Borg learned how to play Tennis after he was a
great Ping Pong player?  His tennis style mimicked his Table Tennis style.  Now
did he ever take a Sauna Swedish Style?  That is not important -- the real
question is did he ever hike on the Appalachian Trail.  And, speaking of the AT
-- Are there Sauna's along the AT?  In the Summertime?  Someone said that the
AT felt like a Sauna at times if one wore a Poncho.

Skylander