[at-l] Re: Trip report

Nice report Skeeter.  I was out looking at a relo possibility (beavers
are busy) at the north end of the state yesterday, and had very little
ice and only soft snow on the northern slopes.  Good thing the S side
of Everett was clear, that can be a tricky descent any time, I'd
venture it would not be possible in icy conditions--like today--unless
you went off trail.

I've heard of folks crossing at Sages in thigh deep water, glad you
made it OK.  I suppose we ought to think about a bridge there, but it's
a long carry for materials, and it's nearly the last bit of "wild" land
left in S New England.

I think the folks who run the AMC cabin south of Sages don't want to
have it become an "official" access to the AT.  The have significant
parking issues at Mt. Washington Rd. (stories of a neighbor with a gun
defending his property, now just a "tow away zone" sign).

Opting out was probably a good move, not much to recommend on the
remaining trails other than the views.  Try it in June,

Cosmo