[at-l] Attention '04 hikers - New Hostel In Georgia

Dahlonega:
http://www.hikerhostel.com/

Met these nice folks on Springer New Year's eve - the '00 thruhikers
Profile and Almanac.
A hard-working young couple, they left early on New Year's day to
spend it putting up trim in their new hostel.
Prices sound great! For $55, they offer a thru-hiker special if
reservations are made. That will get you from the Atlanta airport,
stop at an outfitter if needed, help you get fuel, give you a night in
the hostel and then shuttle you to Amicalola OR Springer. I think
that's a bargain, anyway you slice it.

>From their site:
"The hostel is a log home with just over 2300 sq ft of living space,
and sits on a little over 3 acres of land with great mountain views.
In addition to our room and bathroom (this is our home, as well),
there are currently 3 guest rooms, each with its own bathroom. Two of
the rooms are bunk-style rooms. The third guest room is a private room
with a double bed.
The living room, dining room and kitchen are all open to each other,
so there's plenty of seating to accommodate everyone. The loft above
overlooks the living room, and also has the best seat in the house...a
cozy nook that overlooks the Appalachians...where you can almost see
Woody Gap!"
Free internet access to boot!
I imagine they will be taking in the lame and blistered at Woody Gap
too.

A great and comprehensive list of other hostels and prices along the
trail as well, although they forgot some of my of my favorites - Miss
Janet's in Erwin, TN, GreatfulGreenpeaceGuy's Terrapin Station out of
the Shenandoah and The Cabin in Andover, ME, probably because these
are relatively new and the new Dahlonega hostel owners were hiking in
'00. Also a list of all AT shelters.
Could one of the '04 hikers pass the word on your lists? And someone
from the Women's List? Will be a resource.
http://www.hikerhostel.com/
Jan LiteShoe
AT '03
--