[at-l] Olympus Stylus 400 digital camera for about $298 after rebate

I have the 300 model and paid $400 for it.  It is my first digital camera, and I'm very pleased with it.  I usually don't purchase the warranty offered by the retailer, but in this case, the Kid at Comp USA was SO informative and knowledgeable about the product, that when he explained the rationale for the warranty, I bit.  Sometimes, finding a knowlegeable sales person in one of these superstores is kinda like finding a $100 bill on the streets of NYC, ya know what I mean?

The warranty was $30, and offered a 2 year full warranty.Turns out the camera quit on my wife while she was on a cruise with my daughter.  It couldn't be fixed, so it was replaced, all for the $30 I spent on the warranty.

I'm not writing this to recommend you purchase a warranty.  Just be aware that the camera has quit on a fellow hiker, and was not repairable.

No problems with the replacment camera (yet) - knock on wood.

Datto <datto@charter.net> wrote:
Just a heads-up to those of you looking for a new digital camera that is weatherproof.

Shipping is about $5.00 or so.

This is the weatherproof type of Olympus Digital camera several of us hikers have. Model 400 is a 4 mp and Model 300 is a 3.2 mp.

Rebate coupon also has it for the Olympus Stylus 300 but less rebate money (and less cost for the 300).

Datto