[at-l] new food in my bag (OT)

-----Original Message-----
From: GoVolsKelly@aol.com

>Growing up in Kingsport, Tennessee, I never had a home cooked meal that
didn't include sliced tomatoes or biscuits.  It didn't matter if it were breakfast,
dinner or supper. (In the south, lunch is called dinner, and dinner is called
supper).  Also, all veggies were cooked to the point of being mashed, and
seasoned with either ham hocks or a tablespoon or three of bacon grease.  I
wonder what the average cholestrol level is in the south?

Ha! I have a friend who grew up on a farm in Illinois. Her mother served mashed potatoes as a side dish with every dinner and supper--including the oh-so-exotic Italian spaghetti.

Potato flakes are a good item for the trail food bag, however. You can use a spoon or two to bulk up other meals, such as couscous, and they give you a sense of being full.

Give Me Chocolate