[at-l] Got my Big Zip today

My Big Zip 3 Hoser showed up today. This would be...er...a Platypus water reservoir. What were you thinking?

Fits down nicely into the reservoir pouch on the Granite Gear Vapor Trail 2003 model. The 2004 model of the Vapor Trail has a seperate sewn in hole for the tube coming out of a Platypus Big Zip. For mine, I just bring the hose up from the bottom alongside the Big Zip.

The Big Zip 3 holds 100 ounces of water. I don't think a larger Big Zip 4 would fit in the pouch -- would be too wide.

When you fill up the Big Zip with water and close the ZipLoc on top to hold in the water (it's like a ZipLoc closure), the reservoir slides down into the pouch relatively easily.

Some people had said that it was difficult to put the Big Zip into the Granite Gear Vapor Trail reservoir pouch (exterior to the inside of the pack) when the pack was full but I didn't find that to be the case. Both the pouch and the Big Zip are so slippery that the Big Zip slides down into the pouch relatively easily.

The hose on the Big Zip 3 Hoser is long enough that with the included small clamp, I could clamp the drinking hose to my sternum and be able to drink water out of the hose end.

Some said the hose end can easily drain the Big Zip of all the water if say, a pack was sit down on the drinking-side hose end. Platypus sells a drinking-side cap cover for the hose end if you're worried about it.

Datto