[at-l] Way, way OT Drive and computer Trouble!!

The simple answer is that they put all those items in their because it sells
software. Companies are in the business of making money and MS has made the
determination based on tens of thousands of hours in the usability labs,
that they maintain, that the mix they have now sells the most software.

If simpler sold more, then someone would be doing it right now and making
money doing it.

 There were a number of barebones OS wanna-be companies that fell by the
wayside over the years. Remember GEM? Most users only use about 20% of the
capabilities of MS Office, but different users use different 20% blocks.

You may never use some of the applets included in Windows but there are
folks out there using them. The audio program for example is generally rated
highly by third party evaluators, a heck of a lot better than Real Audio for
example. OE is much used as well. And I occasionally use Paint when I need a
quick and dirty bmp. Some of those are a legacy applets anyway.

The big issue you people cannot get around is that MS makes good software,
they may have problems but they are persistent and keep plugging away until
they get it right. They are not making billions and billions producing
shoddy software. And they are spending billions making it better, something
no one else is doing. Apple spend zilch on security for example.

Bryan

 Samuel Adams advised, "Let us contemplate our forefathers, and posterity,
and resolve to maintain the rights bequeathed to us from the former, for the
sake of the latter."