[at-l] Waterman Books

" I thought their (Guy and Laura Waterman's) ethics book was a bit obvious,
pompous, condescending and marginal. But theseare generalizations from
scanning the book from time to time. I've never been able to finish reading
it all the way through. I've just read it enough to convince me that it's
not for me."

Bob,

The Waterman's wrote two ethics books, not one.   Me thinks you should give
them another try.  Or perhaps you should pick up the one you have missed.  I
am thinking you might like "Backwoods Ethics" more than "Wildeness Ethics".
Its easier to understand ;-).

They are brilliant, especially considering they were written over 10 years
ago.  IMO, of course.  And even if one were not to come to that conclusion,
their chapter on "Backpacker's Lies"  in "Backwoods Ethics" is just about
the funiest thing ever written.  But there is a whole lot more there; at
least for a reader of my ilk.

Rick B

providers now.  https://broadband.msn.com