winter solstice... night hikin... Re: [at-l] 5 years,come and gone...

--- Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> > Where you hiking to and fro again?
SOBO from
12/20 Saturday /Fontana Dam

12/31 Wednesday/Springer Mtn

163 miles in 11 days: ~15 miles/day.
Pretty aggressive (I think) for a pudgy, out-of-shape
thermo-weenie desk slave with 7 hours of daylight.

> Where will you be next Tuesday night or Wednesday morning?
We'll be traveling to Atlanta and can cross the trail a couple
different places.  Maybe we'll hook up.
### If I can keep to the schedule (walking right into the
Stechoahs/Nantahalas??? Where I haven't set foot in 24+ years?),
Tuesday eve/Wednesday morning would be 4 days in (~60 miles) and
would have me in the Winding Stair/Wallace Gap area.

I haven't called on availability yet, but I'm hoping to have a
food drop available at either Wesser (~30 miles/2 days) or
Wallace (the new Rainbow Springs), with Franklin PO (Winding
Stair) as a backup. I'll be pinning this down in a day or two
(and I can certainly nail it down by phone from Wesser) but
hooking up would be a real treat!

(Now, who'd be serving pizza on Wednesday morning... Hmmmmm.)

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.