[at-l] Security Issues during Resupply

On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 08:54  PM, Leslie Booher wrote:

> Hey, Datto, MY pack was stolen during Trail Days 2000!  Maybe that was
> MY stuff they tried to sell you!  I still miss some of that stuff,
> too, particularly the pack itself.  My pack was outside the tent body,
> but under the fly of my Nomad, and I was asleep with my face not 18"
> from the pack.  I sleep hard, though, and they just zipped through the
> campground around 6:00 a.m. on their bicycles and heisted it.  The
> Leki man saw them in the campgrounds, but he couldn't say specifically
> that they took my stuff.  The police chief said that he knew exactly
> who we were talking about, but he couldn't pin it on them.  Yes, do be
> careful at Trail Days, but I don't know what to say about how to do
> that unless you strike camp every morning and take everything with you
> everywhere you go.

... and still have the issue of not being able to bring the backpack
into establishments
with you while at Trail Days.  :)

That may be one of those places where it's worthwhile to have one of
those
mesh lockie thingies.

Oh, I know!  Have your friends and family come too.  They can rent a
motel
room outside of town, drive you around to grocery stores, buy you
large expensive meals, and store your pack in their room.

-amy