[at-l] here's one for ya...

Can someone tell me something about this, please...

I have a hotmail account that I rarely use and only do so to make sure
my other accounts are working. During the recent list shutdowns (thereby
'on-topic'ing this?) I sent myself one e-mail from the hotmail account.
There may have been another to a friend. But, I'm not certain. I was in
Worcester, MA when I sent the e-mail(s). A day or two later, I received
an e-mail (and, another the next day) to my hotmail account, stating
that if I lived in or near Worcester and was interested in... (some
business venture, I believe), I could contact such and such. So, my
question, obviously...How the hell did someone know I was sending e-mail
from Worcester???  Thank you for your thyme

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98