[at-l] AMC's intent & a little history

### Great post, RD. Thanks for the full and knowledgeable
write-up.

--- agaudet@TheWorld.com wrote:

> For my part I don't and would never give an AMC volunteer a
> hard time. These guys are entirely motivated by a love of
nature and a willingness to share themselves. AMC paid staff are
another story though, for me. I've adopted a very business-like
mentality in dealing with them, at the same time regretting my
own "attitude" and wishing that the AMC was more like the Boston
HBC.