[at-l] The trail forks and both are blazed white...

Four or five years ago my son was in a similar situation. He was offered
his dream job but it was in California and he didn't want to go to
California. I advised him to take it because if he didn't he'd wonder when
he was 40 or 50 what life would have been like if he'd said 'yes'. He
hasn't been entirely happy with the jobs (he's on his 3rd out there now)
because dreams are rarely as wonderful in reality as they were in our
imaginations whether it is a dream job, marriage to that fantastic person
or a thru-hike. He has done well and learned a lot.

And here I sit, stuck in a so-called "dream" job, wondering if when
I'm 40 or 50 what life would have been like if I'd said 'yes' to a
thru-hike...

See ya in the woods,
Ed