[at-l] The trail forks and both are blazed white...

Some sage thru-hiker way before my time said this:

"If thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail isn't the most
important thing in your life while thru-hiking, find what
is and go do that."

JOB

In IT network administration there are way more jobs
available than there are people to fill them. If you
search monster.com just on the word 'MCSE' and track the
number of open jobs listed in the last 60 days, you'll
find the number went from 775 open jobs around October
2002 to about 1080 last week. Now if you live in Podunk,
Idaho there may not be many/any jobs available at all in
IT so a lot depends upon geographic location in the
country and whether you're willing to move to the places
where jobs are available.

So...my point is there are likely to be tons of jobs up
your alley available in the country and the IT job
situation is definitely getting better every day. So I
don't see the idea of not taking this particular job
opportunity as losing out on anything. The next job
possibility may even be better.

THRU-HIKE

Consider this -- I don't know of a single person who's
thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail who would have ever given
up their time on the AT to do something else. Not a one.

Datto