[at-l] Pinkham Notch 52 Inches

Quoting RoksnRoots@aol.com:
>       The recent early-season blizzard delivered 52 inches of snow at Pinkham
>
> Notch. That is 4 feet and 4 inches!!!
>
>        (It is raining hard today)

You know what I think all that snow was???  I think it was what got blown off
of Mt Washington in that storm.  The wind was so fierce that much of the
mountain was blown clear.  I think it all blew down into the Notch.  I live 5
miles down Rt 16 from the Visitors Center in the Notch.  I *only* got 31
inches.

I drove out of Pinkham, and then through Crawford and Franconia notches on my
way to a meeting yesterday (such a rough commute I sometimes have to deal
with! hehe).  There was less wind on the west side of the notches - so more
snow still in the trees than we have over here.  Absolutely beautiful.  Of
course, I watched for hikers at the crossings.  Nobody to offer trail magic to
this time.

And yes - it's raining hard right now, and it's supposed to drop an inch or
more of rain on top of all this snow.  It is a nasty day.  Then it's all going
to freeze up tomorrow and Saturday. With more snow on Monday. I'm not sure
I'll be able to get up and down my lane (nice little hill).  I've got a very
bad cold starting up (chest cold).  Maybe I'll just call in sick all week and
stay home.

suz

This mail sent through GTC Telecom's webmail interface.