[at-l] Needed: Winter Menu Ideas

--- amy <askowronek@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I don't know what Archer crackers are.. do you mean Pilot
> crackers?
### Archer (or something close to that) is a generic vending
machine packaged cracker/cookie company, everything from those
little sammich cremes to jalepeno/cheddar to (uggggh)
chive/cremecheese...

> For very little weight cost you could take along some dried
> veggies of some sort to add some variety to dinners.  I find
that wasabi peas are very yummy, and freezing shouldn't bother
them.
### Thanks, yep: not mentioned, but I've got a pretty extensive
"add-ins" bag. Makes mealtime fun. Of course, fresh road apples
make mealtime fun too, if the miles are high enough. (Just add
another hot pepper...)

> Maybe stick some decaf teabags in for a hot drink before bed?
> I know you're cooking during the day, but a hot drink does so
> much for getting you warm at night, and it doesn't involve any
> real cooking.  And if it's bitter cold out you can use excess
> hot water in a bottle or bag to stick in your sleeping bag to
help keep you warm.
### Yep. Good and popular ideas, but it's not the "real cooking"
part I'm getting away from, it's the "open flame/scalding
water-while-encumbered-in-bulky-n-synthetic-clothing-while-in-the-dark-and-you're-tired"
thing I'm trying to get away from. Pluswhich, I drink enough
during the day that... well, I don't need any help either peeing
clear or in nocturnal expeditions. So to speak.

Sleeptoe