[at-l] tryin' again...

I sended this the other day and it came back...'undelivered'

Hey...it's been a while since we did this...hasn't it? Not long enuff?
sorry...I may do more...some even 'retro-five-years-ago-today' stuff, maybe.
Maybe I won't. Anyway, five years ago today I left Knot Maul Shelter...this
was the morning after 5 years ago last night...the night five years ago that I
saw the BIG 'Z' in the sky that haunts me to this day. (for over five years
now I've been haunted by that BIG 'Z' in the sky.) Anyway, it was a drizzly,
cold day. One of those kinds of days that the sun never shines and you don't
ever really get a feel for what time it is. I had a quick, chilly snack-break
at Davis Path Shelter and headed on for my destination for the night...The
Atkins Motel and Restaurant. Once there and checked in...I got my laundry
together and was headed toward the washing machine
room...walk...walk...walk...hey, that door is open...hey, that's hiker
gear...hey, that's a hiker sittin' on the floor...hey...that's a hiker
chickola sittin' on the floor...too much gear, there has to be a hiker manola
with that hiker chickola...There wasn't. Ladies and gentlemen, may I
introduce 'Pilot'. Pilot and I struck up a coversation that lasted all
evening...and, the next day...and, the next day...and, the next day...and,
part of the day after that. And, now...five year's later...I'm sitting in a
rocking chair in Pilot's livingroom writing about it. I think we are
celebrating the 5 year anniversary of meeting by beating each other with 2x4's
so we feel like we did back on Dec 5th, 1998.  that's all for now. (Was that
enuff?)  (I have a couple of trip reports I might write sometime...if I can
remember any of the stuff that happened.)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98