[at-l] Nor'easter Snow Storm

In a message dated 12/6/03 11:55:32 AM, athummingbird@dnet.net writes:

> Just spoke to my brother in North Conway and he said that they had gotten
> no
> snow at all.

Well, in the lakes region of NH it has been snowing hard all day with strong
winds and drifting snow.   As of 5 PM there is about 10-12 inches on the
ground.   I went skiing at Gunstock Mountain where you can see Mt Washington on a
clear day.   Driving snow made it unpleasant to ski from the summit so I stayed
down below for most of the day.   When I returned home I could not park my
car   in the usually place because of drifting.   We are expecting the storm to
continue into Sunday afternoon with 18 to 24 inches or possibly more snow
expected by the time this ends.   The local ski areas are very pleased.   This
should set them up for a successful Christmas ski period.

                                             Art