[at-l] Re: Blister management question

<<Yup, Compeed is designed for the task, but the stuff
is usually pre-cut for special foot applications. I
like the general wound covers>>

Blisters for me tend to end up in awkward places, like the corner of a heel
(didn't think heels had corners, huh? you haven't seen my feet <g>), or
other spots that are hard to protect. I'm willing to carry a little extra
weight to have something that will fit like Compeed when I need it...
Due to scout training, trail work, and hiking on trails with much less
traffic than the AT, I have a slightly more advanced first aid kit than
many hikers (5 band-aids is a first aid kit?). It includes some 2"x2"
sterile gauze, and a small (1" ?) roll of gauze, among other goodies). This
stuff rarely gets used (I think the last time was when I dropped a big rock
on my finger...), but at least I have it...

BTW OB, have you ever posted your personal list of what should be in a
hiking first aid kit? If you haven't I'd like to see it, If you have it
would be good for it to go around again...

skeeter