[at-l] Cathedral in the Desert: A Thanksgiving Trip Report

--- Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> Any sign of desecration of the cathedral yet Mags?
> Didn't they take that
> area/or the monument off the protected list lately?

Did they? Wow..was not aware of that. Too bad if it is
now deregulated..it really is a magical place.
I suspect it is not, because all the lit. still calls
it a National Monument. Hope it stays that way.

The original Cathedral in the Desert (a canyon) is now
underneath Lake Foul (Powell). Oddly enough, Powell
named the canyon "The Cathedral" because of its
beauty. (Glen Canyon Dam is very close by Escalante)
The man-made lake that covers this cathedral now has
his name. Powell is probably turning in his grave.

Anyway..enough from me. :-) Sufficient to say the
Colorado Plateau is simply awesome.

=====
--Thoreau