[at-l] Comment on 'weekenders'

I'm back and I feel I need to give some of you a piece of my mind.  Take it,
if it applies to you:

Assuming that you are a thru-hiker <2003:    Have you done some trail
maintaining last year or in previous years?  If not, why not?  And, if not
and you are physically or locally able to, get down off your high horse
because

many, many 'weekenders,' who seem to be looked down upon by some of you,
have worked hard on many weekends over many, many years to maintain an AT
trail for all of us, removing blow downs, moving rocks to staircase
dangerous places on the trail, constructing water bars, trying to prevent
erosion and helping in needed relocations.  Check with the local/state
hiking clubs.  Furthermore, those that aren't physically able to do the hard
work often become the managers of the trail magic which we have all been
blessed with... I may add, year after year.

So use a little discretion in labeling.  Rant ended....

Now, thanks to all of you who gave me your thoughts on Ireland, and your
thoughts on optimum NC hiking.  Blessings.  rusty