From: Ken Powers [mailto:kdpo@pacbell.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:19 AM
To: datto@charter.net; at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: "weekenders" as route designers... Re: Re[2]:
[at-l]Elevationchanges

Your comment about the chimp and the red marker reminded me of my thoughts
when I saw this map:
http://www.ws100.com/webcast/topo/RF-LB.htm

Notice the road taking a much shorter route to the left. As I was looking
for this section of the trail I noticed several other places where it looked
like shorter possible routes existed. Since I haven't hiked this trail yet I
will withhold comments about the trail although the maps look like your
chimp was included in drawing the maps.

The whole trail is shown at: http://www.ws100.com/webcast/wstrail.htm

Ken