[at-l] Re: "weekenders" as route designers...

--- Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> Sloetoe, you really ought to try the PCT where the average
> 3000 foot gain and descent takes about all day and last about
20 miles.  Not too much huffing and puffing there, although you
may be cursing the endless switchbacks.
### No, I really ought *not* to try the PCT, Sly. I hear those
three letters together and I think of Ginny-Oh, leaning back and
exclaiming "Is this ever gonna *get* anywhere???" The CDT was
supposed to be 2004, then the PCT in retirement.... That seems
the right order.

> A trail, is a trail, is a trail.  I try not to fight it,
> regardless of how it's built, and enjoy it, and my time on it,
for what it is.
### Sorry to hear that, Sly, 'cuz it implies not alot of
distinction for you between one trail and another, or one
section of a trail and another, or one *mountain* of a section
of a trail and another. Me? I enjoy a phine trail like a phine
wine, and try to hurry through the cheap shit and the sulfur
aftertaste. (Like, say, Watauga -> 19E so recently *not* lauded;
excepting 1/4 mile of gorge, someone should be shot. [That was
my thought Christmas Day 2001, anyway.]) Just a thought, anyway.

### But I think it's interesting that all of us commenting on
this thread (currently) have built more than our share of trail,
and yet have seemingly divergent opinion of the concept of
"quality" trail. (Well, you and Felix, anywho.)

Later Gator..........