[at-l] Elevation changes

In a message dated 11/30/2003 2:56:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lbooher@pure.net writes:

> No one has mentioned Roan Mt., either.

The 1st time I did Roan I think I went through all my gorp and a power bar or
two.  Needless to say, it took a long time.  The second time I hardly noticed
the climb.  I'll kick it back a notch, shift in a lower gear and use rest
steps or brief standing breaks on steep or long climbs, atleast until I'm in
better physical condition.

I know I'm good to go when I'm able to make long steep climbs at a steady
pace.  Of course, I usually always celebrate these with a sit down break and a
cigarette on top!

Sly