[at-l] Esbit

Yo,

	Today I had great success baking a  chocolate cake that weighed 1/2
pound, using my .9L pot and one Esbit tablet. I found an old stainless
steel cook pot that fit inside my .9L pot, leaving 1/4" to 3/8" air
space all around. In the bottom of my .9L pot I placed the top off one
of those rectangular "Altoids" candy boxes. The SS pot sits on this
1/4" tall altoid top which acts as a spacer. For a baking cup liner I
used a paper coffee filter inserted into the lightly oiled SS pot.
	I wrapped a Esbit tablet with aluminum foil. Then exposed one corner
(about 1/4 of the tablet) for burning. The tablet burned 50 min . and
produced a low heat. This heat would be too low if outside
temperatures were well below freezing. Other experiments have shown
good success with a much shorter and hotter burn time. The cake above
was put in a pot cozy for ten min after the 50 min burn. I did three
cupcakes on a ten min burn and 20 min in the cozy afterwards.
	1/2 pound Chocolate Cake:
3/4 cup self rising flour
2 tbs. sugar (heaping, suggest 3 tablespoons heaping)
1 tbs. cocoa powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
3 tbs. oil
	Add water and stir. I used the consistency of very thick cake batter.

chase