[at-l] Survival of the fittest

I joined when I was thrown off of the women's list at Trailplace.  Actually, I think my husband located the list for me.  I've loved it.  I really miss the old guard, particularly Kahley, who was sort of our mother hen.  I love meeting people from the list in person.  I like that we can contact each other off-list.  I like that someone isn't hanging over our shoulders saying, "You can't talk about that."

I hate the super-seriousness and beating-the-dead-dead-horse and nitpicking and name calling that has become this list lately.  Why can't we just enjoy the trail and trail talk without having to take each conversation to the roots of the creation of the topic?  For the most part, if we were around a real campfire, we could talk about anything.  Deeply serious conversations would be between just two people.  I'd like for that to be the way it is here.

anklebear