[at-l] Re: PA Ruck?

I'm in. I'm one of the monetarily challenged lurkers that hope to do the
trail come spring. I have a bit of experience under my belt, but I also
have some inexperience under there too, but Atkins & I will get to that
and the trail will finish off the rest. My biggest issues currently are
the perennial pack weight problems and some logistics concerns. I'm a
list maker and I need someone with experience to flesh out my list.
Right now I'm pretty happy with the equipment I have but will probably
be replacing some items with lighter (and cheaper, much to my chagrin)
versions.

> Y'know - I was both hoping -- and afraid - that someone would say
> that.
> There are now 3 reasons for a Ruck to happen.
>
> Do we have a quorum?

To address arguments; I'm a customer service representative for a local
ISP. I have had the multiple pleasures of public consumers. One of the
many things that I have learned from this job is how (not) to argue. I
keep reminding myself, it takes two people to argue; if I don't play
your game, you'll get tired of playing with yourself. My most effective
argument stopper after I have stated the facts as I see them and my
protagonist has begun the circular logic of anger is to shut up. Because
phone and show room confrontations are more personal this skill becomes
important to sanity when Joe Shmoe can't get to eBay because he never
paid and thinks that he is entitled to more free service :-D

Just my tidbits,

Casey

Que sera, sera.