[at-l] If you were new to the list....

I'd like to speak up in support of Hummingbird's comment. After returning from my hike I was excited to get a new computer and re-subscribe to the List. Since I've been back on I've been seriously considering dropping out.

There are two things that concern me most. First, I've seen comments from newbes noting the unfriendliness of the List. Second, it seems that a few folks are still at their habits. By this I mean they send replies that are aimed at an individual, or a few individuals to the entire List.

In times gone by this would be the time when many new folks were coming on board seeking advice and support for their up coming thru hike. Who would want to hang out here now?

Come on, folks. How about a little self policing. If some issue is important to anyone, that's ok. Just take it off line when you have to clarify or argue a point. Hopeful

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!