[at-l] just musings...

ive read enough about poles and saw enough banter to be done for the year...
its taking on such a personal note lately...(sorry)...when i discovered this
list i saw things that got me excited.... im planing on being in next years
class.... my life is a whirl wind of activity as i prepare for the journey of a
life time.... i got the maps in the mail yesterday... yes i chose the
maps!!!!!... funny when they arrived my mom said how do you carry them all... shes
cute!!!! shes the same woman who asked me if they have water fountains up
there....well moms a long way from asking that these days...i actually had a
girlfreind who looked at my back pack and in her southern mississippi drawl ask me if i
was carrying oxygen   with my bottle hose hanging down.... why no im not
dear.. but thanks for asking..... i got more out of the most important gear
question than i had time to think of a reply... thanks.......and yet still response
on poles..... well guess what... my komperdels are going... after breaking my
ankle/tibia... im sorry..... i dont wish to fall...     erosion or not... ill
not drag my poles unnecessarilary... lest the pole police get me..... im
making this experience everything i dream of.... i met so many folks who got into
the blue blaze white blaze purist stuff..... make the hike yours...... its your
body... your journey..... your pain... your joy... most of all your success
or not....if im a pessimist ill be dead by the time i begin my hike   according
to the death clock... im no pessimist...... im an optimist.... im so
optimistic... im driving everyone crazy.... its all i sleep eat and breathe..... until
my depature.. i feel sorry for everyone...... i cant read enough except on
the subject of pole damage... lets let it rest for a while....  have a great
thanksgiving.......btw.....i fell on the AT this year hit my head on a rock( i l
ive in PA) <<humor>>.. you know our verticle plate shaped rocks that we
sharpen..... and all i have been listening to is country music..... my family thinks
im in
 need of a doctor... i think its awesome actually..... quite a few songs
rather appropriate to my journey... to all the great hikers i met on the trail
this year... shine on.... and to the ones im about to meet... here we go!!!!
... shine on.... success......
beth......