[at-l] Re: ATC Needs Trail Research (was: The Great Pole Tip Test)

Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote rather frustratedly:

> (snip)
> His latest bit of deception is the quotes from ATC.  He "implies" that
> the ATC website supports his contention about Leki's.  And yet - the
> ATC website says nothing whatever about what kind of hiking pole
> breaks down the trail.  In point of fact - the ATC is looking for
> people to actually do some research regarding the effect of hiking
> poles on the Trail.  Which, of course, means THEY DON'T KNOW.  So they
> don't and can't reasonably support his viewpoint.

(end snip)

Anybody have contact information on the ATC folks requesting this
research (aside from the obvious address etc. listed on the website)?
I'm going to grad school to do original research on this and closely
related questions and if I can link it to the ATC, all the better for
the trail, hikers, the ATC.  If you have such contact info, message me
offlist so we're not tossing people's info all over the net.

Respectfully not wanting to enter the argument,
HopLite