[at-l] Story about hiking poles

>>Ok, so how did you lose him?
>>Where was he? That far ahead?

>>Dawg

Well, I didn't really lose him, I guess. Just in my own little head.  It is only 2 miles between PA 34 and PA 94, but He Had The Maps and the compass, so I didn't know if the trail I was on would end up at PA94 or not.  I imagined him looking at the maps and thinking to himself, "Well, if she got on that horse trail, eventually, she will end up at PA 94..." and he figured that I was going to end up there anyway and that there wasn't a problem......  He was just too far ahead to hear my whistle.  Over the hill, I guess.  The leaves were still on the trees, so I guess the sound didn't carry.  And, what, with those hiking poles making all that noise, well, I guess he didn't hear me blowing that whistle..

Anyway, the whistle was supposed to be a pretty good one--Not!.  So, I ordered the "Storm Whistle" developed by the US Navy.  Hopefully, there will not be a next time.  But, If there is, and the whistle works, I will let you all know.  Or, maybe you all will hear it, too, and come to my rescue!  (It's supposed to be "that" loud.)

:o) Mary

p.s.  I carried the maps and compass after that.  And he stopped at all road crossings and trail crossings to make sure I was on the same trail as he was.  He has such long legs and my short little legs just can't keep up with him.