Fw: [at-l] links to my recent NH and PA pics

The audio polution of metal poles is not being addressed.

I think the back and forth between Jim and Weary is nothing more than a
conspiracy to keep everyone from recognizing the undeniable truth of this
danger.  They are in cahoots.

Metal poles' loose joints clank.  Thier tips clank against rocks.  They
clank against trees.  They clank against each other in a most unholy tune.

Now, it may well be true that some people are not effected by thier own
noise.  The older I get the less I care about my own (except at fromal
weddings and the like) .   But my God!  When poles are involved can it be we
are not all on the same page on this?  It may not be as bad as the sound of
somone cliping ther toe nailes in the living room, but its certainly worse
than chalk on the blackboard.

I know, I know.  Ears can't be trusted.

I know, I know.  A wispernot makes much more noise than clanking poles.

I know, I know.  The harmonics of clanking poles actually disguises far more
disagreable sounds out on the trail

Perhaps there is an acoustics engineer who can come to the rescue?  I hope
so.  I cant imagine how else we can make the noise go away.  Please,
someone.  Make these noises go away.

Rick B

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx