[at-l] Time to Hike

But Weary,

It's time to 'fess up.  You're REALLY 94, aren't you?  rusty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's what it said. Maybe it's a Christian Right site. Remember. I've long
since passed the "Biblical Three score And Ten.

But I recall that, Nabokov, that fellow butterfly fancier, on one of his
post 70
birthdays, told the NYT's, longevity is "a feat of lucky  endurance, of
paradoxically detached will power, of good work and good WINE (emphasis
added),
of healthy concentration on a rare bug or a rhythmic phrase. Another thing
that
might have been of some help is the fact that  I  am subject to  the
embarrassing   qualms of superstition:  a number, a dream, a coincidence can
affect roe obsessively-- though not in the sense of absurd fears but as
fabulous
(and  on  the  whole rather  bracing) scientific enigmas incapable of being
stated, let alone solved.

Jim, at least, will recognize the latter.

  Weary